Fresh Data INSIGHTS Provide Fans With Stronger Understanding & Narratives
Tennis Data Innovations (TDI) has partnered with TennisViz to develop a series of next-generation data insights, set to enhance the tennis fan experience.
Following the successful launch of In Attack, Conversion and Steal insights earlier in the season, TDI and TennisViz have revealed their latest tranche of co-developed insights. These leverage TDI’s industry-leading match and tracking data and TennisViz’s next generation Artificial Intelligence, to provide fans with deeper understanding and richer narratives around the action on court.
Designed to present fans with the right data at the right time, insights will be fully integrated into the broadcast of ATP Masters 1000 tournaments and the season-ending Nitto ATP Finals in Turin.
What are INSIGHTS?
We’ve aggregated five key fundamentals of every player’s game:
– Type of shot played (more than 60 different shot types)
– Quality of shot (ranked on a 0-10 scale)
– The situation of player (serving, returning, both back, at the net)
– Phase of play (attack, neutral, defence)
– Tactics and patterns of play (7 tactics and 48 patterns of play)
We’ve used that data to create four brand new INSIGHTS:
– In Attack
– Conversion Score and Steal Score
– Shot Quality
– Playing Style
This simple shift in perspective will transform the way you see and understand the game, whatever your level of interest or expertise.
And this is just the start. Tennis Data Innovations and TennisViz have other innovative AI data INSIGHTS set to roll out over the coming months.
What sets INSIGHTS apart from other statistics?
– INSIGHTS are unique. Our AI measures aspects of tennis that have never been measured. This includes attack and defence, tactics, and shot quality.
– INSIGHTS deepen every fan’s understanding. Traditional data points often measure who has won or lost. TennisViz INSIGHTS engage fans throughout and after the match, by showing how a player is winning.
– INSIGHTS offer compelling new narratives. All INSIGHTS include player, Tour, and tournament averages. These benchmarks provide a new level of context.
– INSIGHTS are correlated with the likelihood of winning. They show the probability of a player winning or losing based on their current level of performance across the AI-mined differentiating factors.
– INSIGHTS highlight the key to each match. This collection of INSIGHTS has been designed to cover all aspects of tennis. INSIGHTS show the right data for a specific match at the right time.